Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Inspiration Needed


It's Wednesday, and I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I was pretty tired after my 15K on Sunday, and I haven't worked out since. I lugged my gym bag with me to work on both Monday and Tuesday, but because I had to work late both nights, I was too drained to go to the gym. Also, I have a hard time falling asleep early enough when I work out late at night. I let Monday and Tuesday slide because I was still a bit sore from my long run. Today was a long day at work (another 12 hour work day), but instead of going to the gym, I grabbed a drink at a work event, and ate some bar food. I didn't overindulge, but I should have taken the little bit of time I had to go to the gym or go for a run outside.


If I don't make enough of an effort, I know that running will fade into one of those flash hobbies of mine - I give it a bit of a try but don't care enough to pursue or follow through with my goals. I am not planning on letting that happen to working out. That is part of the reason I started this little blog, I want to keep a record and be held accountable. Thanks to Pinterest, I've found a bunch of inspirational fitness pictures that I sometimes make myself look at it motivate myself. Sometimes my will power just isn't strong enough. I'll be sharing some of my favorites on here (you can also check out my 'fitspiration' Pinterest board), they may be cheesy but I see nothing wrong with some inspiration.


So what am I going to do about this? I know that I need to really make an effort to go for runs or work out in the morning before I go to work. After work, I'm usually so drained that I can barely walk to the subway, then walk all the way to my apartment. Every evening, I have an inner fight with the lazy person inside of me who just wants to take a cab home. But cabs aren't cheap, and I like to remind myself that just a few unnecessary cab rides can equal a cute lulu top! So it looks like mornings are my only option, I better embrace the sunrise! At least in the spring and summer, it's not pitch black when I wake up. During the winter it was near impossible for me to get out of bed. I'm aiming to fit in at least 1 workout before my 10K on Saturday. I know that I can finish the 10K no problem, but I will be in much better shape if I get a run in before then.

1 comment:

  1. sign up for another race. that always motivates me to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete