Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Workout

Saturday:
Ran ~3 miles and then ~2 miles, so around 5 miles total


Sunday:
Ran 3.5 miles

So I didn't run as much as I would have liked this weekend. Going to make a strong push to wake up early this week and try to go for some morning runs. I WILL wake up early and go. No excuses.

The weather this weekend was AMAZING, like hands down gorgeous and beautiful, so I knew I wanted to take advantage of it and go running in the park. Saturday, decided to go running the Central Park Loop with my friend LV. Unfortunately, LV was a bit hung over, but was a major trooper and kept up a decent pace with me. We didn't finish the whole Loop, but it was nice to have something to chat with while running. Made the time go by a lot faster. Then we met up with some friends and attempted to play some wiffleball (ok, other people played but mine was a half assed attempt, I'm horrible at sports that require hand eye coordination). When someone suggested a run around the Reservoir, I decided that I should do it. Unfortunately I was not as fast as the two others that were running, but I tried my best and only gave up after halfway around. I'm glad I squeezed that extra 2 miles in.

Sunday was just as nice out, and I reaaaaally, reeeeally wanted to go for a longer run. But I had a bit too much prosecco the night before, and gave up after a slow 3.5 miles. Afterwards, I ended up running a bunch of errands on the UES, so I still enjoyed the sunshine. Really annoyed with myself, but my left ankle has been bothering me, so I didn't want to suffer through it and injure myself. Today I'm giving myself a day off from running (I ran 3 days in a row, Fri-Sun, which is a lot for me and I feel like my body is surprised!) but will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment