Sunday, April 8, 2012

Scotland Run 10K


The Scotland Run 10K was on Saturday and it went great! It was such a gorgeous morning out, I was almost able to ignore that I was up so early over the weekend. The race course was simply around the Central Park Loop, which I am pretty familiar with it. It did go in the opposite way that I normally run the Loop, and you can definitely feel the hills a bit stronger that way.

There were a LOT of racers in this race, apparently over 11,000. It was definitely very crowded when I started out, and it didn't really let up that much during the whole race. I started off a bit slow, trying to avoid running into anyone, and I definitely got into a good groove around my third mile. It was so nice out, I really enjoyed the entire 6.2 miles.

I ended up finishing with a time of 54:00, at a pace of 8:43/mile. The goal that I had set for myself was to have at least a 9:00/mile pace. I was hoping to do just a bit better, since I know that I've run it faster during my practice runs, but overall I was pleased with the result. I have three weeks left to train, and I'm aiming to finish the half marathon in under 2 hours. Wish me luck!


I wore a lululemon long sleeve Swiftly tee layered under a college t-shirt with my lululemon Run: Chase Me Crops. These crops are my new favorite! I usually stick to solid black bottoms, but these are super comfortable and fit great. 

2 comments:

  1. This blog is such an inspiration! Hope you keep writing about your running journey. Question--how did you work your way up to doing marathons? Running outside is so much harder than running on a treadmill. Did you train in the gym or do a combination of both indoor and outdoor running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia-
    I LOVE running outside! I just started off running as much as I can, then walking for 30 seconds or so, and then start up running again. Slowly I worked up to just running the whole time. I usually run on the treadmill during the week (at night after work) and on weekends try to go on longer outdoor runs in the park. I would definitely try running outside, it can be really fun!

    ReplyDelete